Friday, April 3, 2009

Sweep the Leg Johnny

The legendary 80's movie high school bully, William "don't call me Billy" Zabka, was at 80's night at McFadden's Boston tonight.

That's right. Johnny from Karate Kid (1984), Greg Tolan from Just one of the Guys (1985), and Chas from Back to School (1986) was in my city tonight, and I failed to go.

The man came out of no where and defined the role of the high school bully in the 1980's with his first three movies, ruled virtually every "best bullies in movies" lists know to man, was hosting an 80's theme night at a bar; and I failed to go.

How much do I suck? I think Homer Simpson summed it up the best:

"That kind of reminds me of the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, 'I'll go a little later, I'll go a little later...' And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know."

I'll just leave you with Zabka's latest work, the 2007 No More Kings video "Sweep the Leg", written and directed by Zabka, featuring all the Cobra Kai members and Ralph Macchio.



Update: From my friend Michelle who was there -

"he didn't show up until 11, got on the mic for about 5 minutes, and that was it (he hung around after, but didn't do anything). He does look the same though, just older. ;)"


Michelle, Greg Tolan is not your dancing monkey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment